0PII is a Mobile, Privacy Aware, Personalized Advertisement Solution for Android.
A few key points about 0PII framework
- It is a built-in framework to help the 3rd party Apps to provide the personalized recommendations and advertisements to the end users based on the user profile
- The user profile is created by monitoring/analyzing user behaviors (like browser history), kept in the phone and will not be exposed to anyone else – never leaves the phone.
- Ads are downloaded only from designated 0PII servers (like http://data.0pii.com/data), and we control each Ad’s URL. If we feel an URL is unsafe, we will not accept the Ad in our network.
- 0PII delivers Targeted & Personalized Advertisement without Surveillance, and it is supported by decentralized user data and services designed for Security and Privacy.
- That means we are able to connect Advertisers with their potential clients, without users giving up privacy in exchange for convenience and services.
- The basic idea is that we download thousands/millions of Ads inside the user’s mobile device, and we match Ads against user’s profile inside the mobile device, without uploading any private data in the cloud (cookies, device ID, location, …).
- Uploading user’s data is restricted though the separation of the Network Service. Internet Access is provided by an Open Source Service (Internet Firewall) under total user control. This Service that can be manually installed by the user if so s/he chooses.
Key advantages for Advertisers:
- Better Targeted and Personalized Advertisement, instead of second guessing user’s interests
Key advantages for Publishers (Android Application Developers):
- The user’s good will from the commitment for privacy and security
- Apps using our solution do not require Location nor Network Permissions *1
- More downloads of their apps (about 50% of users hate to install apps that want too many permissions, especially Network and Location permissions!)
- The user’s good will from the commitment for privacy and security.
Key advantages for users (Privacy and Security):
- We don’t use tracking, cookies
- User data never leaves the phone
- The user are safe and secure, as we protect his/her privacy
- Users get free Apps and services, without giving up privacy
- The Advertisement service runs inside of their phone, and user is in control
- Any user data that 0PII has, always stays on the device, it never leaves the user’s device, and no 3rd apps accesses the user data that 0PII has.
*1 Apps using our solution, might require Network permissions in order to provide their services to users, but the data stored by 0PII is just as safe.
You might be aware of AdMob and MoPub Advertisement platform. Let’s see how these 3 platforms compare:
|Requires upload of User/Device Id for targeted Ads||Yes||Yes||No|
|Apps Required Permissions||Network||Network||None|
|Requires changes to App Android Manifest File||Yes||Yes||No|
|Ads Selection Place||Cloud||Cloud||Device|
|Data used||User Tracking Profile stored in the Cloud||Cloud profile uploading user Device Browsing & Apps installed||Device Browsing & Apps installed|
|Accidental click prevention option||Interactive 2 clicks||?||Long Click, non interactive.|
|Pass User ID in URL||Yes||Yes||No|
|Show Ads while Offline||No||No (*might use cached ads, but app needs storage permission)||Yes. No extra permissions required for Apps|
|Biding type||Highest payer||Highest payer||Combination of Best match for user, App Quality, App Install Base and Price|
|Ads library running||Same process||Same process||In a service hosted by a different process|
|Requires publisher ID||Yes||Yes||No, uses APK as key|
|Ads formats||Many||Many||Only Text Ads launching URL or Android App Install. Other Custom formats might be provided by App itself.|
|Network Access||Through App, Closed source with upload and download connection||Through App, Closed source with upload and download connection||Through separate Open Source Service that allows downloads only, no user/device data is uploaded|
Please contact email@example.com if you discover any errors, or if the SDKs have been updated in the meantime, so we can update the table!